Thursday 14 November 2019

The results are in....

First of all, I have been blown-away by the messages of support, not just yesterday but throughout the last five years. Today I was given the news that my cancer is in remission and I can get on with my life. The cocktail of regular medication and injections will stay as long as I can tolerate them and we’re not yet allowed to speak of the condition being cured but I am happy to have made it this far.
 
It will be impossible to thank every single person who helped me to get to this point, you know who you are and you know how much it means - from my amazing friend Pip who dashed over to the cancer centre with her babies so that she could attend the appointment with me, to Michelle, the radiologist who waited for my appointment to be over so that she could give me a hug and say goodbye. 
 
 
Now what?! In typical de Louvois fashion I am marking the occasion with a bang. I wanted to do something positive with this experience and to help other women who may be embarking on this journey themselves. I also want to do everything I can to ensure that our beautiful daughter never has to face this wretched disease. I can do this by raising cash and spreading the word so I am delighted to announce that I have secured a place in the 2020 London Marathon, running for Breast Cancer Now.
 
As many of you know, I fell in love with running during my treatment as I could do it at my own pace and it provided me with a daily challenge. I want to continue running, to push myself to get better and to raise vital funds for breast cancer research. If you would like to sponsor me, you can find my fundraising page here. There is no pressure at all, just continuing to read the blog and sharing it with women who are being ignored by their GP’s is enough for me, if this collection of ramblings saves at least one life then I am a happy girl.
 
 
 
So all in all, thanks for your support and apologies in advance for the sweaty next chapter.
 
#fightlikeagirl