Thursday 5 March 2015

The battle scar gallery.....

"You're very calm for someone about to go into surgery" said the nurse

"I've had surgery every month so far this year" said I.

With the portacath procedure now complete, I'm hoping that my next visit to theatre will just be for my sweet reconstruction job at the end of the year! 

I thought I'd share with you some of the photos to mark the end of the surgical journey, the expander seems to be doing it's job of allowing me to fake-it through chemo and, with the help of rosehip oil, all of the scars seem to be healing beautifully.

Mastectomy                                 Axillary Clearance               Portacath

                 

Erica received a lovely surprise package in the post from a wonderful friend at clicsargent, it included a chemoduck and Barbie's friend Ella who is bald but comes with a selection of wigs and hats. They have really helped our conversations about chemotherapy and hospital visits. You can find a video of the grand unwrapping here.

Now that we are full-swing into this chemotherapy lark, my brain needs something to look forward to. The video from our awesome summer holiday last year has provided much inspiration for an epic trip in 2016 with our fabulous friends.... no pressure Green's, Curtis' and Phillips'!

#fightlikeagirl