Friday 30 January 2015

In the immortal words of Winston Churchill...







The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty.....Winston Churchill


For some reason unbeknownst to me this blog has now had 3,589 views from you lovely people  spread over 18 countries. I'm suspecting that some of the random countries that are featured are down to a very good friend of ours who is not allowed to access blogspot from China but I remain in awe that so many of you choose to read my ramblings of your own free will!

We visited Mr Sanker (my plastic surgeon) yesterday and he seemed pretty pleased with the way that the scar is healing and gallantly argued against my attempts to negotiate my way back onto the turbo, looks like sufferfest will have to wait for at least another week and the dog walks will have to suffice in the meantime (happy Brando photo below). I've been brave enough to have a good look at the scar without the tears this time and, even if I do say so myself, it looks pretty damn good! I'm determined to have it all finished ready for an epic summer holiday next year with our besties.

Pretty much everything is riding on our Monday appointment which is when we're expecting the pathology report and will agree the treatment plan. If radiotherapy or chemotherapy are required then the reconstruction will go on the back burner until it's all finished but I'm glad that I have an end-goal to aim for (he also hinted that he may be able to make a case for BUPA to fund a boob-job on the other one to make sure that they are well balanced - for my psychological well-being of course.....!)

Tomorrow is when I get to put the bra-fitters in my local M&S through their paces and see just how good our post-surgery range is, nothing like walking the process yourself!

The random acts of kindness continue to astound us, not least the very shiny kit that Dylan has procured in honour of the pink ribbon (LVIS boys don't need many excuses to wear pink), the encouragement from my fellow MBA cohorts and the amazing year of fundraising that my big sis is undertaking - shameless plug for sponsorship is here

I am thoroughly enjoying writing this, please keep reading and I'll let you all know how Monday goes - please keep everything crossed for us, we also accept prayers as they seem to be working too!

Fight like a girl xx