Monday 2 February 2015

Not the update I was hoping to write...

Hello all

We saw my Consultant today and it's not the news we were hoping for..

He removed 4 lymphs in the sentinel node biopsy and 3 were cancerous, in addition, the tumour is over 9cm and appears to be aggressive. The plan now is that I will go back into surgery on Wednesday to remove the remaining lymph nodes and then throw the kitchen sink at this bastard thing - chemotherapy, radiotherapy and hormone therapy.

People may dislike Lance Armstrong but the more I read his book the more it resonates with me: "We have two options both medically and emotionally; give up or fight like hell"

It's going to be a much longer journey than we expected but I know I'll get through it with all of the support I have around me from all of you, how on earth a girl from Weymouth can write a blog that's read over 4,000 times by people all over the world is beyond me, thank you for being with us on this journey, we love you.

Fight like a girl xx

PS, thanks for the wine Simon and Amanda, I needed it!!